This Deep From 3 Bean Chili brought to you by Chef Kenny James, personal chef to Blazers greats Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum, is full of foods listed on our nutrition for Parkinson’s recommendations including legumes, veggies, and rich spices. Look for pre-cut veggies to make this dish even easier to prepare. Make an extra helping for the freezer for a quick and easy meal. Watch the video above as Chef Kenny takes you through a step-by-step process on how to prepare this healthy fall chili.
- 1 can chickpeas 1 can
- 1 can black beans 1 can
- 1 can dark kidney beans 1 can
- Tri-color peppers (prepped at store), 1/2 each
- Onions (prepped at store), 1 small
- Crushed garlic in tube
- Tomatoes with Chiles, 1 can Rotel or 3 tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can tomato paste
- Chop onions and peppers and sauté with olive oil
- Add crushed garlic and continue to cook on medium so the veggies will sweat
- Season vegetables with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Strain all 3 beans and add to pot. Stir until all the seasonings are incorporated. Cook together for a few minutes. Add a little olive oil if it’s sticking to the pot.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and tomato paste to pot and stir until it bubbles.
- Add stock and cook on medium to medium low until the chili thickens.
- Add “slurry” to it if you want a nice thick sheen. Wisk 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1/2 cup of water in a separate bowl. Add to pot with stock.