This spicy lettuce wraps recipe, from Tan Tan Café in Oregon, uses their special sauces that are available at their restaurant and some grocery stores. But these sauces are available in other brands as well that you can substitute depending on availability in your area. This simple recipe is plant-based and delicious!
- 1 package of vegan crumbles (about 10oz)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Tan Tan Vietnamese Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Tan Tan Mom’s Hot Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 head of romaine hearts
- Olive oil
- Tan Tan Vietnamese Peanut Sauce for dipping
- In a pan, sauté vegan crumbles, onions and bell pepper in olive oil until well done.
- Add hoisin sauce and hot chili sauce and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in scallions.
- Serve on romaine lettuce and dip in peanut sauce.