The holidays are a perfect time to show caregivers how much you appreciate their help and support all year round. We’ve gathered together a list of gift ideas for these special people who support our community in achieving their goals of living fully with Parkinson’s disease.
This holiday season looks different than the others. We are usually busy with holiday parties and visiting family and friends. But due to Covid-19, gatherings and travel could be limiting. We can still acknowledge our loved ones and caregivers with gifts given safely and from afar. Be sure to practice safe Covid-19 guidelines when looking at purchasing from the list of ideas below.
1. Say bye-bye to dust-bunnies. With everything else going on, sometimes cleaning house can fall to the bottom of the priority list. Give your caregiver back some time and energy with a gift card for a house cleaning service.
2. Answer the dreaded “What’s for dinner?” question with a subscription to a meal service. Companies such as Sun Basket and Green Chef provide fresh, ready-to-cook meals that you can customize to your particular tastes and nutrition needs.
3. Got a slow drain? Furniture that needs to be assembled? New shelves to install? A gift card to a service company such as TaskRabbit can help knock those lingering household chores off your caregiver’s to-do list.
4. Massage has been proven to reduce stress and improve well-being. Give your caregiver an hour of bliss with a gift certificate from a massage therapist in your area.
5. Help caregivers put their best foot forward with a deluxe mani/pedi. Because fingers and toes need attention, too.
6. Wrap your caregiver in warmth with a quality shoulder and neck heating pad. This top-rated pad on Amazon Smile is microwaveable and lavender-scented for extra relaxation. (Choose Brian Grant Foundation as your charity on Amazon Smile and they’ll donate a portion of your purchase to support our programs!)
7. Who doesn’t love a little bit of luxury? Give your caregiver some affordable luxe with a pair of cashmere socks. Take it from us, they’re worth it.
8. Sometimes all it takes to unwind is a nice cup of tea. A subscription box from The Republic of Tea or a holiday set from Portland’s Stash Tea will ensure your caregiver is sipping pretty all year long.
9. Who doesn’t love a nice, thick robe? Upgrade your caregiver’s shower game with a fleece robe like this top-rated version on Amazon Smile. It’s like a hug you can wear all morning.
10. Let’s face it, being a caregiver can be hard work. Show how much you appreciate this person with a gift of your attention. Take your caregiver out to dinner or make a special meal at home and spend time listening. Time equals love and love is the greatest gift of all.
A donation to the Brian Grant Foundation in honor of your caregiver will help us give you – and many others – the gift of living well with Parkinson’s all year long.
Photo by Giftpundits