Get a dose of whole grains and veggies with this asparagus and tomato faro salad from our partners at Market of Choice. This dish is filled with nutrients that support healthy living with Parkinson’s.
1. Add faro, water and pinch of salt to a saucepan. Cover, bring to a boil and cook about 20-30 minutes until the faro softens.
2. Add olive oil to a separate pan and warm over medium heat.
3. Trim the ends off the asparagus and cut into 1″ sections. Add to the pan and stir to coat in the olive oil.
4. When the asparagus has softened, add lemon juice and stir.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the roasted garlic, tomatoes and kalamata olives to the asparagus and stir.
6. Toss with faro, arugula, spinach and oregano. Finish with salt and pepper and serve!