A note about Garlico, sold by Al Amir Fresh Foods; it can be found at Fred Meyer in the deli section. Sub Recipe If you do not have Garlico, then whisk together five minced cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, pinch of salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well.
- Place eggplant in cooking dish, brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 until brown and tender, turning one time.
- In frying pan sauté, Garlico, tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft and saucy. If there is not enough sauce add ½ cup water.
- Put tomatoes over eggplant in cooking dish.
- Caramelize one onion and place on top of tomato sauce and eggplant.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Can be served hot, room temperature or cold. Makes great leftovers for days.