Watch the video below as Chef Kenny takes you through a step-by-step process on how to prepare this healthy fall chili.
- Chop onions and peppers and sauté with olive oil
- Add crushed garlic and continue to cook on medium so the veggies will sweat
- Season vegetables with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Strain all 3 beans and add to pot. Stir until all the seasonings are incorporated. Cook together for a few minutes. Add a little olive oil if it’s sticking to the pot.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and tomato paste to pot and stir until it bubbles.
- Add stock and cook on medium to medium low until the chili thickens.
- Add “slurry” to it if you want a nice thick sheen. Wisk 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1/2 cup of water in a separate bowl. Add to pot with stock.