Thanks to added applesauce these Morning Glory Muffins are butter-free. Better yet, it’s packed with nutrients from fruits, nuts and even a veggie! Flaxseed, whole wheat flour and dried fruit give it extra fiber and will help keep you feeling happy and satisfied throughout the day. Make an extra batch and freeze them to have a nutritious breakfast ready to go! Recipe yields approximately one dozen muffins.
- Spray a muffin pan with your favorite nonstick. Heat the oven to 375-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and flaxseed meal.
- In another bowl, combine grated carrots, mashed banana, applesauce, and vanilla extract and mix together. Add in 3 eggs, one at a time, whisking thoroughly each time.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry flour mixture and mix using a wooden spoon or spatula. Fold in chopped walnuts, unsweetened coconut, and raisins or other dried fruit.
- Distribute batter into muffin tins ¾ the way full. Bake 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Thaw 30 minutes before consumption. Enjoy!
Get more recipes from Tiffany Kent at TabletoSoul.com. Follow her on Instagram at @Tiff_Kent.