If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option, check out our granola recipe that’s packed with the health benefits of nuts. Add berries for more nutritional benefits and sweetness – and make it a dessert too!
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Place the nuts, seeds, and coconut flakes in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to break into small chunks. If you have trouble swallowing, grind a little finer.
2. Place the coconut oil, raw honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat and allow to melt. Stir to combine, then add the ground nut mixture and stir until the everything is fully coated. If you need more liquid, add more coconut oil.
3. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven, add the raisins and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together firmly to form a tight, flat surface.
4. Allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes or until fully hardened, and then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
5. Serve with blueberries, raspberries, and/or blackberries for added nutritional benefits!