InstructionsChoose foods from each category below and add to a blender. You may choose multiple ingredients from the same category, as long as the measurement stays the same. Add 4-6 ice cubes. Blend and enjoy!
1. Liquid Base: Add 1 Cup Choose from: Canned coconut milk Coconut water Nut/seed milk Water Water/coconut kefir
2. Leafy Greens: Add 1 Handful Choose from: Kale Lettuce Mint Mixed greens Parsley Romaine lettuce Spinach Watercress Wheatgrass Beet greens Bok choy Cilantro Dandelion greens Endive
3. Healthy Fats: Add 1-2 Tbsp Choose from: Avocado Coconut oil Olive oil MCT oil Omega-3s
4. Brightly Colored Produce: Add 1 Handful Choose from: Acai berries Beets Blackberries Blueberries Carrots Cherries Cranberries Cucumber Currants Elderberries Figs Grapefruit Grapes Kiwi Honeydew Lemon Lime Mango Nectarines Oranges Papaya Peaches Pineapple Plums Pomegranate seeds Raspberries Rhubarb Strawberries Tangerines Watermelon
5. Superfoods: Add 2-3 Tbsp Choose from: Bee pollen Cacao nibs Chia seeds Chlorella Cinnamon Cocoa powder Coconut flakes Coffee beans Ground flaxseeds Ginger Hemp seeds Maca powder Microgreens Nut/seed butters Powdered greens/herbs Probiotics Spices Spirulina Turmeric
Finally, if you want to add protein powder make sure you’ve timed it correctly with your meds. (Protein interferes with the absorption of some Parkinson’s meds.) And make sure it’s a short ingredients list with no artificial ingredients.