Legumes, veggies, avocado oil, fresh spices and whole grains – this recipe has it all! This nutrient-dense dish is great for lunch or dinner – or both if you make a large batch. Sprinkle with cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime for added flavor and nutrients.
- Preheat a saute pan or pot to medium heat with oil. Saute the onion, garlic, sweet potato and jalapeño for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and toast for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala and quinoa and toast for approximately 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and sugar.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Rajiv Harry is a Health and Wellness expert in Portland. Learn more about Rajiv at embracechange.me.