Who knew that you could make spaghetti from squash! For the adventurous cooks, this recipe used spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta. Filled with veggies, spices and legumes, this dish is light, vibrant and packed full of healthy goodness. Enjoy a Thai inspired dish with a nutritious twist!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash down the middle, rub with a small amount of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place face down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes. Squash should be soft enough to pull with a fork.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pot to medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 min.
- Add curry paste and toast evenly for one minute.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and add coconut aminos , lime zest and juice and coconut sugar. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix water and arrowroot powder in small bowl creating a slurry to thicken sauce. Pour the mixture into the sauce while whisking at the same time.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add in snap peas and chickpeas. Reduce heat to low and set aside
- Pull the spaghetti squash with a fork to make spaghetti and place on plates.
- Pour sauce over the top and garnish with peanuts, cilantro, red onion, chili flake and lime.
Rajiv Harry is a Health and Wellness expert in Portland. Learn more about Rajiv at embracechange.me.