Simple and straightforward, this recipe features healthy salmon that’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids and protein. Serve with quinoa and you’ve got a nutritious, delicious dinner that meets our nutritional recommendations for healthy living with Parkinson’s.
- 4, 6 oz salmon fillets
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into strips pole to pole
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free Tamari sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper on top and sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof or cast iron skillet. Add onion and sauté quickly over med heat until it begins to darken and soften, approximately 4 minutes.
- Push onion to one side and add salmon fillets, upside down. Sear 2 minutes undisturbed.
- Turn fillets, drizzle with maple syrup and tamari, and finish in oven until internal temp reaches 145 degrees, approximately 8 minutes.
- Plate with onions and drizzle with pan sauce.